14 Local Teachers, Administrators Retiring from Broadneck Schools
Teachers and principals from local schools ended long careers in service to education during the 2011-12 school year.
Fourteen local teachers and administrators are retiring from Anne Arundel County schools in Broadneck.
Many of those leaving have given decades of their lives to local schools.
Cape St. Claire Elementary is losing both its principal and assistant principal, and three of the those retiring have spent the past 40 years educating students.
Listed below are the teachers and administrators retiring from local schools, with their total years of service in the education field.
- Rosemary Biggart, principal, 40 years.
- Pamela Newton, kindergarten teacher, 13 years.
- Cynthia Smith, kindergarten teacher, 25 years.
- Christina Bruce, speech pathologist, 39 years.
- Elizabeth Garback, 2nd grade teacher, 29 years.
- Margaret Cannon, school psychologist, 41 years.
- Margaret Fischer, special education teacher, 30 years.
- Donna Pergerson, principal, 38 years.
- Diane Lorton, assistant principal, 29 years.
- Ellen Harman, special education teacher, 23 years.
- Annette Ludlam, science teacher, 34 years.
- Sharon Marks, special education teacher, 26 years.
- Rona Warner, AVID teacher, 40 years.
- Susan Bauer, media specialist, 14 years.
Did any teacher here leave an impact on your life? Let me know about it in the comments.