The results of a December fundraiser for the Goshen Farm Preservation Society more than quadrupled, thanks to matching donations and grants.
The $400 proceeds from the sales of holiday swags and wreaths created and sold by Cape St. Claire resident Audrey Lengbeyer were more than doubled when several local businesses agreed to match what she originally raised.
Five local Cape St. Claire businesses donated $100 each, bringing the amount to $900. A state grant will double that amount to $1,800.
Each of the following contributed $100 toward the cause:
- Stefanie Schwenk, owner of Best Beginning Preschool
- Realtor Amy Juras, the House Huntress
- M D Mandy Johnson, Isis Project Book Series
- T Michelle Davy, Davy Dance Academy
- Lawyer Dirk Schwenk, of Baylaw LLC
The society has been raising funds for several years to preserve a historic home at Goshen Farm. In 2008, the state legislature approved a matching grant for up to $150,000 to assist in raising funds for the project.
The cutoff date for that fundraising was Feb. 1.