5 Top Christmas Week Events in Broadneck
A variety of activities await local families this time of year.
As a favorite holiday song proclaims, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," and this coming Christmas week provides some exciting opportunities to enjoy the holidays right here in Broadneck.
Here are the Top 5 Highlights from Broadneck Patch for a variety of audiences. If you have another suggestion, please list it in the comments section below.
1) The Nutcracker – This holiday favorite two-act ballet with music by Tchaikovsky will be presented by the Chesapeake Ballet Company at the Children's Theatre of Annapolis on Bay Head Road. The shows, that will include over 80 students from numerous Maryland ballet studios, will be performed on Saturday, December 18th at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. and Sunday, December 19 at 1 p.m. Tickets are available at http://chesapeakeballet.ticketleap.com.
2) Lights on the Bay at Sandy Point – What better way to enjoy the holidays with family than to pack up the kids, turn on the radio, and head to Sandy Point Park for the annual "Lights on the Bay" show sponsored by Anne Arundel Medical Center? Featuring 60 displays located throughout the park, the show provides a memorable experience for any family, and visits from Santa Claus on the weekend are an added bonus. Cost is $14 per vehicle with proceeds going to the Anne Arundel Medical Center. Discount coupons are valid on weekdays, excluding holidays. Open daily (weather permitting) from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m.
3) Local Church Christmas Cantatas – The Sunday before Christmas is often the time that church choirs perform their annual Christmas cantata (vocal and instrumental musical pieces tied together by sacred narrative). Here is a listing of only some of the performances that will be held in the Broadneck area –
Mt. Calvary UMC, 10 a.m., 1236 Jones Station Road, Arnold;
Asbury United Methodist, 11 a.m., 78 Church Road, Arnold;
Gloria Dei! Lutheran, 11 a.m., 461 College Parkway, Arnold;
College Parkway Baptist, 7 p.m., 301 College Parkway, Arnold;
Broadneck Baptist, 7 p.m., 1257 Hilltop Drive, Cape St. Claire.
4) Fishpaws Tasting – A special tasting of great holidays wines will be held at Fishpaws Marketplace on Tuesday, December 21, at noon. This will be a great time to catch up on gift buying, as the store offers a variety of specials and gift packages of gourmet food, beers, and, of course, wine.
5) St. Margaret's Christmas Pageant – St. Margaret's Episcopal Church, located at 1601 Pleasant Plains Road in Annapolis, will hold its annual Christmas Pageant - complete with donkeys, shepherds, wisepeople, angels, and stars – at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve.