Anne Arundel: Tuesday Update After the Storm
Patch provides updates about how the storm will affect your day.
UPDATE (3:35 p.m.)—Now that Hurricane Sandy finally made landfall and is a post-tropical storm, what does the day hold in store for you in Anne Arundel County?
According to the National Weather Service, winds and rain will gradually subside on Tuesday but flooding remains a concern in many areas.
Who to call for help:
- Call 911 for emergencies.
- For non-emergencies, residents may call 410-222-8610 or 410-222-0600 in the county or 410-260-2211 in the city of Annapolis.
- To report a power outage or downed wires to BGE, call 877-778-2222.
- Officials are asking that residents stay off the roadways Tuesday until damage can be assessed.
- Maryland Transit Administration has suspended service for Tuesday. For more information, call 410-539-5000.
- Annapolis Transit has canceled all bus service for Tuesday. Call 410-260-2211 for additional information and updates.
- All Central Maryland Regional Transit service has been suspended. For more information, call 800-270-9553.
- MARC commuter rail will not operate Tuesday.
Shelter at Annapolis High now closed:
The shelter at Annapolis High School, located at 2700 Riva Rd., is now closed. The shelter accepts pets, but asks that residents bring their own pet food and any medications. For help getting to the shelter, call 410-222-0600.
No school or classes for the county's students:
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools are closed on Tuesday.
- Anne Arundel Communicty College is closed on Tuesday.
No work for some county, state and federal employees:
- Federal offices in the Washington, DC, area are closed Tuesday for the second day in a row, the Office of Personnel Management announced Monday. Non-emergency employees will be granted administrative leave.
- All Maryland state government offices are closed on Tuesday.
- Anne Arundel County government offices are closed on Tuesday, will open on Wednesday.
- City of Annapolis offices are closed on Tuesday.
Early voting, trash/recycling collection, senior centers:
- Early voting was canceled for Tuesday but will be open on Wednesday. Gov. Martin O'Malley said early voting centers would be open Friday to make up for the storm-related closures.
- Anne Arundel County released a new schedule for trash and recycling pickup this week: Monday collections rescheduled to Wednesday; Tuesday collections rescheduled to Thursday; Thursday collections rescheduled to Friday; Friday collection rescheduled to Saturday.
- The Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities, its senior centers, and its nutrition sites remain closed on Tuesday.
Circuit Court closed:
- The Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County will be closed on Tuesday. If you had a case on the docket, your case will be rescheduled and a notice of hearing will be sent. Notice will be mailed to the address listed in the court file. If your address has changed, then you must contact the clerk's office to determine the new date for your case.