Invite a friend
2013 State of the Magothy River Meeting
The Magothy River Association will hold its 11th annual “State of the Magothy River” presentation on Wednesday, February 20, 2013, starting at 7:00 PM. The meeting will feature the annual Magothy River Index as well as presentations on other topics of interest and a variety of displays.
- 2012 Magothy River Index. Prepared by Dr. Peter Bergstrom, NOAA and MRA. (Produced each year since 2003)
- Dr. Stephen Ailstock - AACC Environmental Center's Wetlands Work on the Magothy River.
- Eagle Cove School's Laura Kang - Beachwood Park History and Revival Attempts.
A variety of displays will be available for attendees to view prior to, and after, the program. Fundraiser materials including Magothy River maps, My River Speaks books, MRA T-Shirts, and oyster shell ornaments will also be available.
Doors and displays open at 6:30, and the program will start at 7 p.m. Following the presentations, there will be refreshments and time to visit the displays and chat with watershed residents and the experts. Are you interested in clean water, healthy fish, living oyster reefs, and limiting suburban effects on the Magothy? Come and see how you can help!
Place: Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, CALT Building, (CALT on map), Room 100 (use Parking Lot E, F, G, H)
Time: Doors open 6:30 P.M., program 7-9 p.m.
More About Anne Arundel Community College
Providing programs for associate degrees, professional certifications and lifelong learning, Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is a fully accredited two year institution with more than 17,000 students taking credit courses and more than 35,000 students taking non-credit classes. The school provides more degrees and certifications than any other community college campus in Maryland. Student activities include academic clubs, campus publications, honor societies, performing groups, recreational clubs and student associations.
Other events here
- Dance Concert, L'Ecole de Danse Daily,
- Anne Arundel Community College Big Flea Market and Community Yard Sale Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 am–1:00 pm
- The Yellow Brick Road: Visions Along the Journey Thu, Jun 13, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm