GOT PLANS FOR SUPERBOWL SUNDAY??? Come watch the BIG game on the BIG screen! This event is open to the public and is slated to be a family friendly event!
Please share this event with your friends and family, and come on out for the fun!
WHAT TO BRING? Lawn chairs, snacks, desserts, side-dishes and/or beverages to share. If your feeling so inclined, cook up a batch of your favorite chilli at home, and enter it into the 2nd annual BEP Chilli Cook-off! This could be your year to win the coveted "Golden Ladel Award" You can Byob, as long as it's soda or a soft drink of some sort! We'll provide the paper products and plasticware!
... BEP CHILLI COOK-OFF RULES!
1. All preperations and cooking must be done at your home.
2. You must provide your own crock-pot or heating plate, in addition to your own extention chords and/or power strips. If not your chilli will be served at room temperature. Please also provide your own serving utensils.
3. Upon arriving please take your chilli to the check in table in the lobby. There you will be asked to place approximately 3-4 cups of chilli in a non-marked container provided by the BEPCCC. The judges will be tasting your chilli from these samples. You will be given a number that is to be kept undisclosed. You will be assigned a place to set up your chilli station.
4. Please do not place your name, number or any identifying information on or around your chilli station. (including your serving utensils) Anything that identifies your chilli as yours will disqualify your entry. Likewise, it is strongly suggested that you NOT identify your chilli verbally, by pointing, raising eye brows, or through sign-language of any type.
5. Pre-selected nonpublished judges will be grading your chilli on a scale from 0-10, on the following catagories:
TASTE Taste, above all else is the most important factor. The taste should consist of the combination of the meat, peppers, spices, etc, with no particular ingredient being dominant, but rather a blend of the flavors.
CONSISTENCY Chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It should not be dry, watery, grainy, lumpy, or greasy.
AROMA Chili should smell good. This also indicates what is in store when you taste it.
COLOR Chili should look appetizing. Reddish brown is generally accepted as good. Chili is not yellow or green.
BITE Bite or after taste is the heat created by the various type of chili peppers and chili spices.
The chilli with the highest collective score, wins the "Golden Ladel Award"!
In the event of a tie, a tie-breaker judge will determin the winner. Judging will take place in a private location, and any attempts to bribe or sway a judges decision will shine the BEACON of shame on your entry!
The winning chilli will be announced at the half-time show. After the winner is announced you may identify your chilli... if you still wish to do so! :)See More