Editor's note: The following is from a press release issued by AACC:
This fall, Anne Arundel Community College is offering several workshops focusing on ways people can overcome their math anxieties. The workshops are free to both current students and people considering attending or returning to college.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Discovering how your past math experiences may be impacting your present reaction to math.
- Conquering math anxiety, math avoidance and math procrastination.
- Selecting study strategies that fit your learning style.
- Adopting new approaches for solving word problems and using formulas.
- Distinguishing between short- and long-term memory to help retain what you learn.
- Starting the habit of checking your math work to minimize careless errors.
- Reducing math test anxiety so you can demonstrate what you know.
No pre-registration is necessary. Workshops are scheduled on the Arnold campus, 101 College Parkway, unless otherwise noted:
- 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Oct. 25, in the Student Union Room 204.
- 8-10 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30, in the Schwarz Building Room 100.
- 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5, in the Student Union Room 204.
- 2-4 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, at the Glen Burnie Town Center Arundel Center North Room 206, 101 Crain Highway N., Glen Burnie.