Montessori International Children's House
Serving over 160 students from preschool through grade 6, the school is a state- and Montessori-credited nonsectarian private school located just past the Route 50 bridge on Route 450 toward the Naval Academy. Aside from its core curriculum, the program also focuses on environmental awareness and community service. After-care and enrichment programs are also available.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Founding Date: 1985
- Number of students: 160
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Accreditation/licenses: Maryland State Dept of Education Association Montessori Internationale USA
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 25:1
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Montessori International has a very action community service program that supports a variety of causes including: Thanksgiving Baskets, Salvation Army Stockings, My Brother's Pantry, SPCA, Library Books for the Lakota Indian Tribe.
- What makes this community special?: Montessori International Children's House teaches students in an atmosphere that is imbued with respect, responsibility, and a quest for knowledge, of ourselves and the world in which we live.
- Montessori: Yes
- Grade levels: PreK - 6
- Features: Computer lab, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: After school enrichment programs